Friday, September 4, 2015

Top 10 Excuses People Used When Being Pulled Over

pulled over.jpg
“Well gosh officer, I didn’t see the speed limit sign!” – the most common excuse police hear when pulling drivers over, according to an article from Cars.com about a survey done by Insurance.com. The comparison pooled licensed drivers 18 an older. More than a fifth of the drivers polled said when they gave an excuse to the officer that pulled them over they said they couldn’t see the sign that told them not to do something.

There were 10 other popular answers given among drivers polled. They are listed with their percentages below:

  1. I couldn’t see the sign telling me not to do it :20.4%
  2. I’m lost and unfamiliar with the roads: 15.6%
  3. I didn’t know it was broken: 12.4%
  4. Everyone else was doing it: 6.4%
  5. I’m having in emergency situation in my car (for instance spilled a hot drink on your lap): 5.4%
  6. I missed my turn/exit: 4.8%
  7. I had to go to the bathroom: 5.6%
  8. I didn’t do anything dangerous: 4.2%
  9. I was on my way to an emergency (for example, to help someone who was ill or injured): 4.0%
  10. My GPS said it was the right thing to do: 2.2%
  11. I’m just helping out; I wasn’t even supposed to be driving (for example, your friend is intoxicated): 2.0%

To read the full article from Cars.com, click the link : http://bit.ly/15XAT5U

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More